Thursday, May 12, 2022

 2022-02 Painted Wood Projects

 So today I’m going to share some photos of some wood slices and frames that I have painted.

 My boss’ husband is a talented woodworker. He usually has leftover pieces of wood and last year gave me a box full of wood slices from some of the trees on their property. I began painting desert scenes on them and we put them into the shop on consignment. Many of them have sold.

 Here are a couple of photos of finished pieces that have sold. First is the Tree of Life. It fit perfectly on the wood slice. The second one is a fun tree with two birds on a branch.




 I also found some fun wood frames at Michaels and recently painted them with fun designs. Here are the finished frames. I painted them with acrylics and then used a fine ink marker to draw the designs on. I finished them with acrylic gloss medium. But a spray acrylic varnish would be great to use.



Last, I have included some of the wood ornaments I bought at Michaels. I painted desert scenes on the ball ones and the Goddess with the four elements on the stars.




 My next post will show some of the rocks I painted two years ago during the painted rock craze going on across the country (and world).

 Til next time. J

Terri

 To see projects for sale check out my Etsy store at 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/magikalstoneemporium

 

No comments: