Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Year, New Ideas

February 2, 2016

Good Morning everyone. This is the first official blog for the restart.

It has been two years since the last post and I am finally able to add new ones.
 
Since my last posts we have moved from a small house into a motorhome and now into a 30 foot travel trailer. We are working part time for the rv park where we live and doing improvements on the trailer. We are hoping to move to another state in the coming months.

Since we have limited space I have decided to focus more on art (painting, coloring books, etc.) and less on jewelry or craft type projects. Though I did create a fun jewelry board to hang my jewelry on in my bedroom a few weeks ago. This was a fun project.


I found a picture frame that had a masonite backing. I used scrapbooking paper, a large piece that I had carried around for years, for the background. I glued it down with ModPodge. I used cup hooks for the bottom edge for bracelets. Sewing bobbins were put on with bolts and nuts (then glued on the back) to hold necklaces. Funky old chain necklaces were put on with bolts and nuts also to hold earrings in the middle part of the frame.

Fabric or wrapping paper could also be used for the background. I put glue on the nuts on the back so they wouldn’t come off the bolts. I wanted to make sure they didn’t move. I used a drill to make the holes in the masonite for the bolts to go through and to create start holes for the cup hooks. I love how it looks.

We are in the process of painting the walls and doing other improvements on the trailer. I will probably include pictures occasionally here.

In addition to everything else I am learning to create pdf files in Photoshop for digital download. I will be adding new coloring pages to my Etsy Store in the coming weeks.

I hope you check back occasionally. Have an awesome week.

Terri


http://www.etsy.com/shop/1krazyrtist


No comments: