Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Some Older Paintings

Today I thought I would share more of my older artwork. This week it’s some older paintings from between 1989 and 2001. I don’t have any of these paintings now but I have always tried to take photos of all of my work over the years.





I lived in Florida for these first paintings. I moved to Florida in 1988 and painted these first four purple pieces in 1989. There were probably seven or eight paintings and I called them the Amethyst Series. These were done in acrylic on 16x20 stretched canvases.

The first shows a traveler resting while walking on a road on a distant planet.

The second is called Druid’s Moon.

The third and fourth were just called Amethyst 3 and Amethyst 4. I love painting landscapes and my many years of reading science fiction and science fantasy definitely had a lot of influence in painting these.










The next pair of paintings were inspired after seeing the movie Total Recall. They are supposed to be Mars landscapes. I painted at least two more in this series but don’t have photos handy.






In 1994 I moved from Florida to Sedona, AZ and the dragon was painted late in 1994. It was done in acrylic on a 24x36” stretched canvas. I hand built a frame for this one. I love dragons and this was based on some of my drawings. (I have probably two or three dozen dragon drawings.)





These last two paintings were done in oil on gallery wrap canvas. I painted them when I was creating my new age store in Sedona.


The first was on a 9x12 canvas of Archangel Michael.  I sold it at a convention.



The second painting was done in 2001 on a 16x20 canvas and was inspired by my colored pencil sketch done in 1993. The original drawing was called Teacher and was a spirit drawing. The painting was called Wise One.


The most interesting thing about the drawing and then the painting is that they looked just like the man I met in 2002 in Sedona who I married in 2003. He is a Reiki Master Teacher, shaman, and spiritual counselor.


 I have found that my artwork changes when my life changes. Each move from one location to another and each life event has had an effect on what I do. Plus age has influence my work. The cowboy drawings were done when I was in my early thirties. The mask paintings were done in1992 when I was 41. The Archangel and Wise One were painted in 2001 when I was 50.

This year I turned 65, became a great grandma, and moved to a new location. Change is inevitable and it is usually best to embrace it and see where the flow of life takes you.

I look forward to see where I am going next with my art and creative endeavors.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Terri

1KrazyRtist

No comments: