Monday, September 9, 2013

This is the second bonus post on the wrist cuffs.
I tried to post it the other day, but my internet has been acting up.

In the original one on September 2nd I talked about trying to make a wrist cuff that was a purse. Well, here is my result.

It’s a bit more bulky than the other types because of all the extra layers. But I like how it turned out. It has the smooth back put on by sewing right sides together and turning, then top stitching.

The fabric was a lightweight cotton so I lined everything with muslin. The brown fabric is leftover from making curtains for our motorhome.

The loop clasp in the center is actually a hair band. I walked down to the dollar store this morning (we still don’t have a car) and bought a pack of them. They are perfect for the clasp on the cuffs. When you use them on the end they make the cuffs work for different size wrists because they stretch.

The two pockets are designed to hold money in the zippered one and credit cards and ID card in the other. 

The flaps cover the openings and keep the credit cards from sliding out. 


The metal buttons are actually Canadian coins that someone shaped into domes and soldered loops onto so they could be used as buttons. I have a bag full of coins from all over the world that they turned into buttons. They make perfect clasps for these cuffs.

This has been a fun project and I still have some ideas to develop. 

Now to work on my next project. Check back on Monday.


Til next time. J
Terri


Stop by my Etsy shop for new arrivals www.etsy.com/shop/1krazyrtist

No comments: