Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Drawings 13 and 14 Pastels on Black Paper

So here are two more drawings in my challenge.

But these were both done on black art paper made for pastels.
On the first one I used only a white pastel pencil to draw a design similar to my coloring book drawings. I love white on black, it is so dramatic compared to the same drawing in black pencil on white paper. This one took about two hours to finish.

The second drawing was done with both pastel pencils and soft pastels. The drawing is a spirit portrait and also took about two hours to complete.

Both drawings are on 6x8 inch paper. I used old fashion aerosol hair spray (Aqua Net) to set the pastels. You can buy a special spray at the art supply store, but the hair spray costs a lot less and works just as well.

I hope you are challenging yourselves in whatever medium or field you enjoy. 

Terri

1KrazyRtist

Please note: The Etsy store name will be changing in November. The shop will be more metaphysical oriented and the name will reflect that change.

No comments: