Monday, October 17, 2016

Drawings 5 and 6



Well, again I couldn’t get on the internet yesterday so I missed posting.

So I am posting both drawings 5 and 6 today.


For yesterday, it is a pencil sketch like the others. I love trees so I did the tree as the main focal point. Most of the drawings begin with the 2H pencil to create a very light sketch. Then the 2B and B pencils are used to darken the lines and add the shadows. The 2H barely shows up at that point.






For today’s art piece I did a pen drawing of a holiday card idea.  I need to decide on a design for my cards this year and this is just one idea.







Below you can see the ones I drew last year. These were inspired by my coloring page designs. I didn’t use any of them, but I like to create them anyway.


I may put some cards in the Etsy store. I don’t know yet.


All of these were done with the Prismacolor Illustration pens on drawing paper, then scanned into my computer to be cleaned up in Photoshop. I started with the 2H and used it throughout to draw in the circles then the inner designs. The light lines are easily erased once the pen lines have been done.



 Using Photoshop to remove unwanted lines and smudges is a great tool. I can resize the drawings as well, to fit them to card size before printing.


I like to draw them as close to card size as possible so they will fit well without too much white paper left over on the edges.
 
Home designed cards are fairly easy to do. You can do a drawing or painting, or take a photo. Put it into your computer by either scanning or by taking a photo of the art piece and putting the photo onto the computer. Then you need to crop the piece to fit your card size. 

Use card stock to print on. You can just print onto the card stock, or print multiple copies of  your art piece, cut them and glue them to the card stock that has been cut and folded into cards.

Envelopes are available at the office supply store in a variety of sizes, so you can pick your card size and print it yourself.

There are also software programs that will allow you to create cards just by providing a photo and choosing the card style. Then print per the instructions.

I know not many people do cards these days for the holidays. But I like to do them because they are something personal. And they are great to send to the family members and friends for whom you don’t send gifts.

Terri

1KrazyRtist

No comments: